Health care planning, also known as advance care planning (ACP) is an ongoing process that supports individuals and their family in understanding, and sharing their values, goals and preferences for future medical care.
These care decisions are then formally documented within an advance directive (AD), a legal document that ensures one’s care wishes are followed.
With Iris, the comprehensive health care planning process is led by a skilled health care facilitator who helps you:
- Understand your future medical care options.
- Identify the options that are in line with your hopes and wishes.
- Discuss your choices and preferences with your loved ones and care team.
- Write a plan that meets your needs, goals and values.
- Do all of this without having to leave your home by phone or video conference.