Why Comprehensive Advance Care Planning?
Research shows that primary care physicians and specialists agree that Comprehensive Advance Care Planning (CACP) helps them:
- Deliver the best outcomes.
- Reduce patient and family stress.
- Ensure patients receive the care they want.
However, these conversations can be filled with stress, uncertainty and even conflict.
Creating state-sanctioned Advance Directives is time-intensive and requires attention to legal and compliance issues that clinics are not optimized to support.
At Iris, our role is to fill those gaps so doctors can focus on patient care.
Work More Efficiently
Comprehensive ACP takes time. Iris frees you to focus on patient care.
Patients Live Better
Having a plan and clear goals can improve quality of life and satisfaction with care.
Reduce Stress and Conflict
Involving family in CACP decreases conflict during crises and improves decision-making.
Meet Your Quality Goals
CACP is a factor in HEDIS and other quality/performance metrics.
Reduce Unwanted Care
Patients who plan are more likely to have their wishes followed, especially in a crisis.
Care Team Communication
Iris sends updates, ADs and other goals of care to everyone on the care team.
How We Help
What We Do
We’re the facilitator.
- We work with your patients and their families to start important care discussions.
- We help patients and families get their questions answered before a crisis.
- We help patients and their loved ones resolve conflicts before a plan is put into place.
- We share with you all your patients’ preferences.
- We securely store and update your patients’ plans.
- We make patient plans available in advance and in real time to you and other authorized parties.
- We save you time and support your delivery of the best possible care to your patients.
What We Don’t Do
You’re the doctor.
- We don’t provide care.
- We don’t bill for our services.
- We don’t advise your patients on their care choices or second-guess your recommendations.
- We don’t undermine your relationship with your patients.
- We don’t create conflicts of interest.
12 Large PCP and Multi-Specialty Clinics Across 4 States:
Do you feel that Iris has provided a beneficial service to your patients?
If we continue with Iris, would you choose to keep working with them?
Patients embrace this wholeheartedly and are thankful they have been offered this service.
It works great. We just hand Iris Plans a list of patients and they take care of everything. I definitely recommend their service.
I thought we did Advance Care Planning until we started working with Iris.